Next Tuesday is ElectionDay. April elections usually don't get much attention, but there's a hot issue this year - Proposition 1 on the King County ballot.
King County Prop. 1 is a tax measure to pay for Metro bus service and road maintenance. It calls for a .1% sales and use tax and a $60 car tab fee. 60% of the money will go to Metro transit, mostly to preserve bus routes that would otherwise be cut; the remaining 40% is earmarked for roads in several cities and in unincorporated areas of King County.
Representatives for both sides of the issue participated in a short informal debate on KING 5 News on Tuesday:
Downtown Seattle Association, President
Co-chair of campaign Yes on Prop 1
Past chair of the pro-roads Eastside Transportation Association
Urges No on Prop 1
WEB EXTRA: You can watch additional comments from both sides of the issue below: