Rich in nutritional minerals like Iron and Iodine, Seaweed with Risotto will make you think it's not just for sushi anymore. Chef Rachel Yang of Joule Restaurant in Seattle makes this Healthy Dish.
By Chef Rachel Yang of Joule
2 cups Rice
2 cups Seaweed, hydrated in water and chopped
1 cup Sake
1 ea Onion, diced
8 cups Konbu stock
3 tbsp Canola oil
1. Add oil to the pot and sweat the onion.
2. Add rice and seaweed.
3. Deglaze with sake.
4. Add little bit of konbu stock at a time and stir until the rice is cooked but still firm.
5. At Joule, seaweed risotto is served with smoked chili, crispy hijiki seaweed, pickled leeks and chopped scallion.
For konbu stock;
2 ea onion
1 ea Daikon
2 cups Dried shitake
1 pc Konbu
1. Put all ingredients in a pot with 2 gallons of water.
2. Simmer for 45 minutes and strain.