TACOMA Friends and family will gather Tuesday to lay to rest the National Park Ranger who was shot and killed at Mount Rainier.
The memorial service for Margaret Anderson will be held at 1:00 p.m. at Pacific Lutheran University. it is open to the public.
Prior to the memorial, there will be a procession at 9:30 a.m. from Mountain View Funeral Home in Tacoma to Pacific Lutheran University. The route is as follows:
- Depart Mountain View Funeral Home
- Turn left (eastbound) on Steilacoom Boulevard Southwest
- Turn right (southbound) on South Tacoma Way
- Turn left (eastbound) on South 96th Street South
- Turn right (southbound) on Steele Street South
- Turn left (eastbound) on 112th Street South
- Turn right (southbound) on C Street South
- Turn right (westbound) on Wheeler Street South
- Arrive Trinity Lutheran Church
Authorities say 24-year-old Benjamin Colton Barnes fled to Mount Rainier National Park after a shooting in Skyway that left four injured the night before. He drove his vehicle through a check point and when Anderson tried to stop him, he sprayed her vehicle with bullets, killing her inside.
Barnes was found dead in a creek the following day. An autopsy said he drowned.
Anderson, 34, left behind two children and her husband, who also works as a ranger at the park.