Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

SEATTLE -- Four people are safe after their garage caught fire Monday.

It started around 4:45 a.m. in the 9200 block of 26th Avenue South in Seattle.

A Seattle Fire Department spokesperson said neighbors called 911 when they saw the garage fully engulfed.

The entrance to the home is through the garage, so firefighters took the residents to a deck where the air was clean and there was no immediate threat from the fire.

Three people were taken off the deck by a ladder, but the fourth was in a wheelchair. Firefighters stayed with that person until the fire was put out.

Nobody was hurt. Fire officials said an overheated extension cord cause the fire.

Read or Share this story: http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/seattle/2014/08/04/13304574/