LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

The Sir C's Tavern was gutted by fire on Tuesday afternoon.

The call came in at 3:56 p.m. and when firefighters arrived they found a quarter of the building in the 6200 block of S. Tacoma Way fully involved.

They went to a defensive approach due to a partial roof collapse.

One employee was reportedly in the tavern when the fire started and was able to escape.

No injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire was determined to be embers from a weed burning propane torch.

The damage was estimated at $130,000 to the building and its contents, and is considered a total loss.

Read or Share this story: http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/tacoma/2014/08/04/13290992/