LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

A Georgia man says he went back in like a dummy after risking his life to save his beer while his house was on fire.

KTRK-TV reports eight people, including two children, were in the home watching TV when the flames broke out. Everyone made it safely outside.

William Serpit, who walks with a cane, went back in and saved several cans of beer.

Serpit admits he is an alcoholic.

A newly installed water heater is blamed for starting the fire.

Read or Share this story: http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/2014/08/05/13341232/