LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Fire damaged an electrical substation in Ravensdale on Monday afternoon. The transformer was located at a Bonneville facility on Retreat Kanasket Road.

The fire burned for several hours, sending a thick, black cloud of smoke into the air.

Because of the noxious smoke, residents were being asked to stay inside while fire crews worked to contain the fire. BPA officials said the fumes were non-toxic, and posed no health risks to residents who live in the area.

Kent, Maple Valley, S. King and Port of Seattle Fire were on the scene investigating

Read or Share this story: http://www.king5.com/story/news/2014/08/04/13235420/