Here's something dad may want to do this Father's Day weekend. A major classic car auction with autos dating back to the 1920s comes to Seattle.
Some 600 vehicles will be up for sale during the Mecum Auction at CenturyLink Field Events Center.
Among the cars up for bid is a 1963 Chevy Corvette Z06 belonging to racing legend Mickey Thompson. The car, which was his personal Corvette, was previously known as the "Sears/Allstate Tire Test Car." It has a 327/360 HP fuel injection engine and a close-ratio 4-speed transmission.
Other featured cars include:
- 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible
- 1957 Ford Thunderbird F-Code
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe
- 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback
- 1936 Packard Eight Roadster
- 1928 Ford Special Coupe Street Rod
- 1956 Pontiac Safari Wagon
- 1929 Ford Model A Speedster Runabout
- 1923 Ford T-Bucket
- 1969 Vanderbeck Nostalgic Dragster
- 1949 Chevrolet 3100 5 Window Pickup
- 1954 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster
The auction will be held Friday and Saturday. Gates open at 8am each day and bidding starts at 10 a.m. Tickets are $20 per person, per day. Kids under 12 get complimentary admission.
If you don't want to fight traffic, the auction will be televised.
Friday: Esquire network, noon (live) and NBC Sports Network, 5-8 p.m. (tape delay)
Saturday: NBC Sports Network, 4:30-8 p.m. (tape delay)
Sunday: NBC Sports Network, 4:30-7:30 p.m. (replay)