TITLE: Multi-Media Journalist
STATION: KING 5 TV
STATUS: Regular Full Time
Join the #1 NBC affiliate group in the country! KING 5 TV, KONG TV, NWCN, and king5.com are now part of Gannett Broadcasting. We have shared values of providing first-class journalism that makes a difference in our communities and award winning programming. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, and energetic Multi-Media Journalist. If you like to tell great stories and thrives in a fast-paced, team environment, we want to hear from you.
Brief Description of Duties:
Responsible for news gathering as a one-person operation for distribution on multiple platforms including broadcast, internet, cable, and digital channels. Will report and cover events of news interest, special events, and breaking news. Must be a self-starting journalist capable of enterprise reporting. May also work as a reporter while collaborating with the photojournalists to produce the most creative, compelling stories. Must be proficient in live reporting, including breaking news situations.
• College degree with minimum two years' experience as an MMJ or general assignment reporter in a medium to large market preferred.
• Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills.
• Good understanding of operating video equipment.
• Must possess a broad range of reporting styles with good on-air presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
• Familiarity with all distribution platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Internet, etc.
• Must be willing to work overtime, all shifts and work at a bureau outside of Seattle.
KING TV is a subsidiary of Gannett Co. Gannett is the largest local media company in the country and provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k). If qualified, please send a non-returnable DVD with a copy of your resume and a cover letter to the address below or email your resume, including a link with your work, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HUMAN RESOURCES #K14R03
KING 5 TV
333 DEXTER AVE. N.
SEATTLE, WA 98109
KING TV is an equal opportunity employer