SEATTLE - Ainsley Bos finds artistic inspiration in all kinds of things. Some days it’s pizza. On Thursday, it was her cat, Josie.
“He’s fat,” she laughed, as Josie sprawled across her drawing table.
But a couple of weeks ago, Ainsley found inspiration in a political animal.
“I was watching the debate and it just came to me,” said the giggly 8-year-old.
Ainsley was watching the first presidential debate with her mom and didn't take kindly to the insults and interruptions launched by Donald Trump.
“I thought it was wrong,” she said.
Ainsley's mom, Dana, encouraged her daughter to express her feelings through her drawings.
The result was a piece of eye-catching artwork showing the two candidates side by side, with Hillary giving her rival quite a look.
“Trump is speaking and saying some pretty mean stuff,” she described. “Hillary is just giving him the eyebrow,” said Ainsley.
"The eyebrow" as it has now become known is a single, straight line, slightly askew that speak volumes.
In political parlance, it's often referred to as, The Stinkeye.
Mom put the drawing on Facebook, and within minutes it was raising eyebrows across the country.
“Love! Love! Love!” wrote one observer. “I agree, her eyebrow is the best!”
“Amazing!” Wrote another. “This is a T-shirt waiting to happen!”
Seizing the political moment, mom and daughter did design t-shirts, mugs and just about anything else they could think of. They've received nearly 200 orders from across the country and as far away as the UK and Germany.
”I was so excited to see that so many people were enthused about her artwork,” said Dana.
The original plan was to donate the proceeds to the Clinton campaign. Ainsley and her mom found out, however, that due to complex campaign finance regulations, that isn’t allowed.
Instead, they decided to split 75% of the money between the local animal welfare group PAWS, Syrian refugee relief and Mary’s Place for homeless women and children. The other 25% will go to Ainsley’s college fund.
“Art school is expensive!” said Dana.
While Ainsley’s mom is a staunch Clinton supporter, she hopes the lesson her daughter learns has nothing to do with politics.
Dana says it’s more about the "art of being yourself."
“I hope she sees that people all over the country and the world are appreciating what she drew and that small acts can make a big difference.”