Crabbing is a favorite pastime for many in the Pacific Northwest and crabbing season is officially open for 2013. Christie Johnson went out on Elliott Bay with crabbing expert Neal Booth to learn more.
Here's what you need to know:
- The crabbing season runs from July 1st through Labor Day.
- No crabbing is allowed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- You must get a saltwater fishing license with a crabbing endorsement.
- Record the amount of crab you catch each time and report your totals to the state at the end of the season.
- A license allows you to keep five males per day, per person.
- The crabs must be hard-shelled and at least 6.25-inches long.