Republican candidate Donald Trump won the presidency Tuesday night and pushed for unity during his victory speech. So, what exactly is he going to do to bring unity to the divided country he will be leading?
Trump's website has a "100-day action plan to Make America Great Again." The document says it is a contract between Trump and the American voter and will restore honesty, accountability and bring change to Washington.
It begins by listing six measures to clean up corruption in Washington, seven actions to protect American workers, and five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law.
Among these include a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of foreign government, removal of more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants, a renegotiation of NAFTA, withdrawal from Trans-Pacific Partnership, direction for the Secretary of Treasury to label China as a currency manipulator, cancel "unconstitutional" orders issued by President Obama, cancel federal funding to sanctuary cities, and more.
According to the document, Trump will introduce "broader legislative measures" within his first 100 days as the U.S. President. These include:
- Middle Class Tax Relief and Simplification Act
- End the Offshoring Act
- American Energy and Infrastructure Act
- School Choice and Education Opportunity Act
- Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act
- Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act
- End Illegal Immigration Act
- Restoring Community Safety Act
- Restoring National Security Act
- Clean Up Corruption in Washington Act
To view Trump's 100 day plan document, click here.
Copyright 2016 WCNC