Stylist Darcy Camden gives us her back to school trend report for 2016.
GROUP #1: Kindergarten-3rd grade
- Top trends: Gender neutral basics, personality tees
- Key brands/stores: Youth Independent Party (yipkids.com); PLAE shoes (goplae.com); The Children’s Place (childrensplace.com; Northgate Mall, Westfield Southcenter, South Hill Mall)
GROUP #2: 4th-6th grade
- Top trends: Double duty layers, comfy sweat-alternatives
- Key brands: Kidbox (kidbox.com)
GROUP #3: Middle School
- Top trends: Sophisticated colors
- Key brands: Sears, Jansport, Zumiez
**PRO TIP: Middle school age kids typically fit into both kids and juniors clothing, parents may want to shop both departments to make sure they are getting the best deal and the best fit. Kids clothes in size XL/14-16 are often less expensive than the smallest junior/young men's sizes.
GROUP #4: High School
- Top trends: High waisted jeans, 90s revival
- Key brands: KONUS (konusbrand.com), Sears, Grana (grana.com), Zumiez
Special thanks to Sport Clips for providing Back-to-School haircuts to our audience. Visit sportclips.com for the location nearest you.
Copyright 2016 KING