Captain Kirk, Counselor Troi and even Gowron are in SeaTac this weekend for The Official Star Trek Convention.
The event happens Saturday and Sunday at the Hilton Seattle Airport. Admission at the door is $30 Saturday and $35 Sunday. Children six and under are free when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
There are also photo ops, costume and trivia contests, auctions of collectibles and previews of upcoming sci-fi TV shows and movies. Show hours are Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Sunday 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Several Star Trek alum are set to appear, some more recognizable than others.
- Martina Sirtis (Counselor Deanna Troi)
- Gates McFadden (Dr. Beverly Crusher)
- Denise Crosby (Lt. Tasha Yar)
- Connor Trinneer (Trip)
- J.G. Hertzler (Klingon Martok – in full makeup)
- Robert O’Reilly (Klingon Gowron – in full makeup)
- Suzie Plakson (Multiple roles in three different series, but best known as Klingon K'Ehleyr). She’ll be made up as K'Ehleyr live on stage by makeup artist John Paladin.
- William Shatner (Capt. James T. Kirk)
- LeVar Burton (Lt. Cmdr. Geordi LaForge)
- Dominic Keating (Cmdr. Reed)
- Nana Visitor (Major Kira)
- Max Grodenchik (Rom)
- Aron Eisenberg (Nog)
Who could forget this classic Star Trek Convention skit from Saturday Night Live?