New details in drama-filled marriage of Hope Solo to Jerramy Stevens



Bio | Email | Follow: @ChrisDaniels5

Posted on November 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Updated Wednesday, Nov 14 at 6:53 PM

KIRKLAND – It was “beautiful”.

That’s how one attendee describes the wedding ceremony of Jerramy Stevens and Hope Solo Tuesday Night.  Solo’s friend said it was a small affair, near Snohomish, attended by just a few close family and friends.

It also happened just hours after both the former football star and Olympic gold-medal winning goalie appeared in Kirkland Municipal Court.  Kirkland Police believe Stevens assaulted Solo early Monday morning, during a party at her Kirkland home.  Probable Cause documents claim police were called by Marcus Solo, Hope’s brother, at 3:45 a.m. Marcus had claimed multiple strangers were in the party and a “stun gun” was used to break up an altercation.

The documents say an officer observed a bloody abrasion to Hope’s elbow, as well as blood in the kitchen and on a handrail.  The officer says he found Stevens hiding in a bedroom and admitting “He and his fiancé Hope had an argument about whether they would be living in Florida or Washington after their marriage today.”

Police jailed Stevens and accused him of 4th degree assault; however, a Kirkland Municipal Court judge said police did not have probable cause to detain Stevens, and released him Wednesday.

The incident brought a surprise coupling to the forefront.  She’s a 2-time Olympic Gold Medalist.  He’s known more for his off the field record.

But another U.S. Women’s National Team Goalie, Jillian Loyden, tweeted some insight on Tuesday and Wednesday:




Fari Alflatooni, who lives near Hope, described her as a “very nice lady” who invited all her neighbors to a July 4th party.  She said the incident on Sunday was totally out of character. 

It was “so noisy,” with all the “shouting and screaming," said Alflatooni, who claims the incident was so loud it woke her up.

Kirkland city prosecutor Sarah Roberts said late Wednesday she has asked for further investigation, and that the judge’s ruling was not unusual.  She said she hoped to make a filing decision within the next week or two.