Man severely burned after cutting wire at substation

Man severely burned after cutting wire at substation

Credit: KING

A man was severely burned after being shocked at a substation in Issaquah, Wash., June 17, 2014.

Print
Email
|

by KING 5 News

KING5.com

Posted on June 18, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Updated Wednesday, Jun 18 at 6:31 AM

A man who was trying to cut copper wire at a power substation near Issaquah Wednesday was shocked and taken to the hospital with severe burns.

Puget Sound Energy said it happened around 4:30 a.m. at the Lake McDonald Substation.

A fire battalion chief says the man climbed on top of a transformer before it happened. The man has second- and third-degree burns covering 60-to-70 percent of his body.

About 2,800 PSE customers in Renton lost power as a result.
 

Print
Email
|