Grandmother of Bellingham fire victim shares tearful message

Print
Email
|

by LINDA BRILL / KING 5 News

KING5.com

Posted on December 12, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Updated Monday, Dec 16 at 3:24 PM

BELLINGHAM, Wash. -- The grandmother of a young Bellingham man who died in a house fire has a tearful message about smoke alarms and batteries.

Adam LaVine died in a house fire last week, sparked by unattended candles on a bed.  Firefighters said there was no battery in the smoke detector.

On Thursday at his memorial service, his grandmother JoAnn Karason said she has a message to share.

"If people would just invest in that little...they can pick it up at the dollar store. Every six months change the batteries and you won't have to lose somebody you love," LaVine.

Print
Email
|