SPOKANE, Wash. -- Autopsy results show the death of a 21-year-old man at a June concert at the Gorge Amphitheater was related to methamphetamine, not the drug known as Molly.
Officials initially thought the death of Patrick D. Witkowski of Des Moines on June 30 was due to an overdose of the drug considered to be a form of Ecstasy.
An autopsy ordered by Chelan County Coroner Wayne Harris found that Witkowski died of organ failure due to dehydration caused by the heat and methamphetamine intoxication.
Harris told The Spokesman-Review he initially thought the death was due to an overdose of Molly, but tests for that drug were negative.
About 25,000 people attending the two-day Paradiso Festival. Quincy Valley Medical Center treated 40 for problems related to drugs and alcohol.