'Glee' star died of heroin and alcohol overdose, coroner says

'Glee' star died of heroin and alcohol overdose, coroner says

'Glee' star died of heroin and alcohol overdose, coroner says

Print
Email
|

by KING 5 News

KING5.com

Posted on July 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Updated Tuesday, Jul 16 at 7:33 PM

VICTORIA – The British Columbia Coroners Service says “Glee” actor Cory Monteith died from a combination of heroin and alcohol.

The Coroner's Office on Tuesday released their report that said Monteith, 31, died of a "mixed-drug toxicity" involving heroin and alcohol.

Monteith, 31, was found dead in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, shortly after noon on Saturday.

He had checked into the hotel on July 6 and had been expected to check out on the 13th. When he had not done so, hotel staff checked his room and found him deceased.

The BC Coroners Service said an investigation is continuing, but there is no evidence to suggest Monteith’s death was “anything other than a most-tragic accident.”

Print
Email
|