A Maple Valley woman has died after being trapped in a house fire overnight.
When firefighters pulled her from the home, she wasn't breathing, but they were able to revive her. The woman was transported to the hospital in critical condition.
The cause of the fire is pending until autopsy results are released.
The fire started while the woman and her husband were sleeping. He woke up, spotted the fire, and climbed out the window--thinking his wife was right behind him.
However, she became trapped in their home.
The man didn't have a cell phone, so he used his car alarm to eventually get his neighbor's attention.