Fatal Greenwood fire caused by pinched electrical cord

Fatal Greenwood fire caused by pinched electrical cord

Credit: SFD

Fatal Greenwood fire caused by pinched electrical cord

Print
Email
|

by KING 5 News

KING5.com

Posted on October 14, 2012 at 11:31 AM

A fatal apartment fire in Seattle's Greenwood neighborhood early Sunday was started by a pinched electrical cord, in the bedroom, the Seattle Fire Department said.

The fire was reported in the two-story building at about 3:30 a.m.

Firefighters entered the bottom floor unit and found heavy black smoke and flames rolling through the apartment, which was piled with combustible materials.

The dead man was found 10 feet from the door.

Medics at the scene treated a resident who lived above and he suffered minor smoke inhalation.

The fire investigator did not find a working smoke detector in the bottom floor fire unit. The upstairs unit’s smoke detector had been disabled.
 

Print
Email
|