SEATTLE -- Washington Department of Transportation crews closed both direction of the 520 floating bridge for the weekend.
State Route 520 closed between Montlake Boulevard in Seattle and Interstate 405 in Bellevue starting 11 p.m. Friday and will reopen 5 a.m. Monday.
“Crews need this weekend to finish major culvert and stream work before migrating fish return this fall,” said Brian Dobbins, WSDOT construction engineer.
WSDOT expected the heaviest traffic midday Saturday and Sunday on I-5 and I-90 heading into Seattle, and on I-405 approaching I-90. The express lanes will change this weekend on I-5 and I-90 to help improve traffic flow. CLICK HERE for express lanes altered schedule.
Several big events are expected to draw tens of thousands of people to Seattle this weekend.
- The three-day PAX Prime 2011 video game festival is at the Convention Center Friday through Sunday.
- The Seattle Marathon is holding a 10k race to and from Seattle Center Saturday morning. This will close the northbound lanes of SR 99 from the Battery Street Tunnel to the Aurora Bridge from 7:30-11 a.m., as well as other local streets.
- Sounders FC plays at 1 p.m. Saturday at CenturyLink Field.
- Mariners games are 7:10 p.m. Saturday and 1:10 p.m. Sunday at Safeco Field.
- The Seattle Storm plays at 6 p.m. Sunday at KeyArena.
CLICK HERE for more information and detour maps.