SEATTLE -- Once again, Washington state high schools are among the best in the nation according to U.S. News and World Report.
In the 2016 rankings, Washington high schools were awarded six gold medals, 59 silver medals and 87 bronze medals.
Leading the state with the highest rank is Raisbeck Aviation High School, which is part of the Highline School District in Tukwila. Bellevue School District had two schools in the top six.
The top gold ranked schools is Washington are:
- Raisbeck Aviation High School -- Highline School District
- Newport Senior High School -- Bellevue School District
- International Community School -- Lake Washington School District
- Bellevue High School -- Bellevue School District
- Bainbridge High School -- Bainbridge Island School District
- Roosevelt High School -- Seattle Public Schools
U.S. News & World Report teamed with RTI International, a global nonprofit social science research firm, to calculate their annual results through a four-step process.
The group began ranking high schools nationally. The first three steps guaranteed that all students were served well, by analyzing how proficient their math and reading test scores are and graduation rates. The schools that passed the first three steps then proceeded to the final step, which assessed which schools best prepare students for college-level work.
Based on their position in the national ranking, all high schools are then numerically ranked within their own state.
Click here for the complete list.
Copyright 2016 KING