Five spray-parks in Tacoma, which normally operate on weekends in May, will be open daily during this unseasonably hot week.
Jefferson, McKinley Playfield, Norpoint, Titlow and Wright parks will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Staff will be testing and working on the system at Wapato Hills Park throughout the week to have it up and running in time for the weekend.
Regardless of temperatures, all nine MetroParks Tacoma spray-grounds will be open on Saturdays and Sundays for the rest of the month from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The five spray-parks open May 6 through 10 are:
- Jefferson Park: 801 N Mason Avenue
- McKinley Playfield: 4321 McKinley Avenue
- Norpoint Park: 4818 Nassau Avenue NE
- Titlow Park: 8425 6th Avenue
- Wright Park: 501 S I Street