Several events and closures will affect traffic this weekend.
The Mariners vs. Oakland A's game at 7:10 p.m. will increase traffic into Seattle and around Safeco Field on Friday night.
The Rock 'n' Roll Marathon will cause the closure of the I-90 express lanes from 3 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. They will reopen at 2 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. in the westbound direction to help with the extra traffic expected into Seattle. The lanes will be eastbound by 8:30 p.m.
The I-5 express lane ramps to Cherry/Columbia and 5th Avenue will also close to traffic from 8 to 10 a.m. for the marathon. Drivers should expect delays around the Seattle Center and around the race route. For details about the race, plus road closure news and alternate route maps, visit the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon website.
Transit delays are also expected as more than 40 King County Metro Transit and Sound Transit bus routes are affected by street closures for the marathon. A complete list of routes affected is available online.
For most routes, bus service is expected to return to normal as soon as event participants clear each section of the race course. Bus riders trying to get into downtown Seattle are encouraged to use the downtown transit tunnel during the event.
The Fremont Fair, Fremont Solstice Parade and two other Mariners games at 7:10 p.m. on Saturday and 1:10 p.m. on Sunday will also impact traffic around Seattle.
Streets will be closed from 1 p.m. on Friday through 11:59 p.m. Sunday for the Fremont Fair within the following boundaries: 1st Avenue Northwest; North 36th Street; Fremont Avenue North; North 34th Street/North Canal Street. Expect heavy traffic in the surrounding area.
On Saturday at 2:30 p.m., the Fremont Solstice Parade will close streets along the parade route. Expect heavy congestion in the area. View the parade route at the Fremont Solstice Parade website.
The fair and Solstice Parade will also affect some Metro Transit routes, specifically routes 26, 28, 31, 32 and 40.
Other weekend closures:
- I-5 Lynnwood: The ramps from northbound I-5 to 220th Street Southwest and from 220th Street Southwest to southbound I-5 will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday for survey work. Drivers will detour to 44th Avenue West northbound.
- I-5: Up to three lanes of southbound I-5 from Northgate to south of the Ship Canal bridge will close from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday, and 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for pavement repair work.
- SR 18 Issaquah: The eastbound SR 18 on- and off-ramps at Issaquah-Hobart Road Southeast will close from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday for pavement repair work. Signed detour routes will be in place for drivers. This work is weather dependent.
- SR 520 Bellevue: The eastbound SR 520 off-ramp to 84th Avenue Northeast will close from 11 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday for crews to shift traffic to the west.
- SR 522 Monroe: One lane of SR 522 between the Snohomish River Bridge and Echo Lake Road will be closed nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday for pavement repair and paving work. Drivers will follow a pilot car through the work zone. This work is weather dependent.
- SR 529 Steamboat Slough Bridge: The left lane of southbound SR 529 at the Steamboat Slough Bridge will be closed from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday for bridge inspection.
For more traffic information, visit the Washington State Department of Transportation website.