Drivers around the Seattle reigon should prepare for major closures that will impact traffic throughout the weekend.
MAJOR WEEKEND CLOSURES:
SR 99 in Seattle
• Friday, October 4 to the morning of Monday, October 7 – SR 99 will be fully closed to traffic between Valley Street and the southern end of the Battery Street Tunnel. Traffic traveling via SR 99 will be redirected to I-5 at 85th St. or E Marginal Way and Spokane St. from 11:00 p.m. Friday evening to 5:00 a.m. Monday morning.
• Saturday, October 5 to Sunday, October 6 – The Alaskan Way Viaduct will be closed between South Spokane Street and the Battery Street Tunnel for a safety inspection. All lanes will be closed from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
I-5 in Seattle
• Friday, October 4 to the morning of Saturday, October 5 – The Corson Ave. South off-ramps will be closed in both directions from 9 p.m. Friday evening to 6 a.m. Saturday morning. Traffic will be detoured to the Swift/Albro off-ramp.
WSDOT: Full list of closures
SR 520 Bridge
• Friday, October 4 to Sunday, October 6 – All lanes of westbound SR 520 betweeen 92nd Ave. Northeast and Montlake Boulevard will be closed from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday and 11 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday. One lane will close at 9 p.m., with all lanes closing at 11 p.m.
SR 513 Montlake Bridge
• Saturday, October 5 to Monday, October 7 – The Montlake Bridge will be closed to traffic from 5 a.m. Saturday until 5 a.m. Monday for maintenance work.
SR 18 in Auburn
• Friday, October 4 to Sunday, October 6 – SR 18 will have various lanes closed in both directions between SR 99 and SR 161 from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m. each night.
SR 529 Snohomish River Bridge
• Sunday, October 6 to Monday, October 7 - Southbound SR 529 at the Snohomish River Bridge will be closed from 8 p.m. Sunday to 4 a.m. Monday. A detour will be in place.