Just how stressed out are Seattleites? A new survey ranks America's most stressful cities, and Seattle is among the top 10.
Sperling’s BestPlaces released its new study of major cities with the most and least stress. The study analyzed a variety of factors associated with stress, including suicide, divorce, crime, joblessness and length of commuting.
The Seattle-Bellevue area ranked #9 on the stressful cities list. Five out of the top 10 were cities in Florida.
Sperling's top 10 Stressed Cities:
1. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
2. Las Vegas-Paradise, NV
3. Miami-Miami Beach-Kendall, FL
4. Jacksonville, FL
5. Detroit-Livonia-Dearborn, MI
6. Orlando-Kissimmee, FL
7. Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA
8. Sacramento--Arden-Arcade--Roseville, CA
9. Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, WA
10. West Palm Beach-Boca Raton-Boynton Beach, FL
On the flip side, Minneapolis ranked the most chilled out city in the U.S. (literally, this time of the year). Other cities on the least stressful places list include Long Island, NY; Cambridge, MA; San Jose, CA; Washington, DC, and Orange County, CA.
For more information: