Roadwork could get in the way of your weekend travel plans. Drivers in Western Washington should consider the following closures before they get on the road.
Southbound I-5 in Seattle
- Up to two lanes of southbound I-5 between Northeast Ravenna Boulevard and the Ship Canal bridge will be closed from midnight until 6 a.m. Saturday.
- Traffic will be reduced to a single lane across the Ship Canal bridge to the SR 520 on-ramp.
Southbound I-5 Express Lanes
- The express lanes will be open in the southbound direction from 11 p.m. Friday through 1:30 p.m. Saturday.
Eastbound I-90 near Mercer Island
- The left lane of eastbound I-90 east of the Mercer Island Lid will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday until 9 a.m. Saturday and from 10 p.m. Saturday until 10 a.m. Sunday.
Westbound I-90 Express Lanes
- The I-90 express lanes will be open in the westbound direction from 7 a.m. Saturday until 6:30 p.m. Lanes will be open to eastbound traffic by 7:30 p.m.
- The lanes will be open in the westbound direction from 7 a.m. Sunday until 2:30 p.m. Lanes will be open to eastbound traffic by 3:30 p.m.
Northbound I-405 in Bothell and Kirkland
- Up to three lanes of northbound I-405 between Northeast 70th Street and Northeast 124th Street will close starting at 7 p.m. Saturday. One lane will reopen by 8 a.m. Sunday. All lanes will reopen by noon.
- Up to two lanes of northbound I-405 between SR 520 and Northeast 85th Street will close from 8 p.m. Saturday until 11 a.m. Sunday.
- Up to two lanes of northbound I-405 between Northeast 85th Street and Northeast 124th Street from 7 p.m. Saturday to 1 p.m. Sunday.
SR 513 Montlake Bridge
- The inside lanes in both directions of SR 513 on the Montlake Bridge will close from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. Saturday.
- The outside lanes in both directions of SR 513 on the Montlake Bridge will close from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday.