Refrigerator sparks two-alarm fire in Seattle

Print
Email
|

by KING 5 News

KING5.com

Posted on July 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM

The Seattle Fire Department says a refrigerator ignited butane gas, sparking a two-alarm fire in Seattle's Beacon Hill neighborhood.

Six units were destroyed, leaving several tenants without homes. All 32 residents of the Skyline Apartments have been accounted for.

The fire started around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 1100 block of South Massachusetts Street.

Tenants woke up to a loud boom and had very little time to get to safety.

The resident in the unit where the fire started told a neighbor he was asleep -- not cooking -- when the gas ignited.

The Red Cross is helping the displaced residents.

Print
Email
|