Firefighter, family injured in North Seattle house fire

Print
Email
|

by KING 5 News

KING5.com

Posted on December 2, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Updated Monday, Dec 2 at 8:20 AM

A Seattle firefighter suffered minor injuries and a family was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation after an overnight fire in North Seattle.

The fire was reported before 1 a.m. at single family residence at 1st Avenue Northwest and Northwest 100 Street.

The mother, father, and 8-year-old son were all able to get out of the house and were taken to Harborview as a precaution.

Seattle Fire said an overheated extension cord under the deck caused the fire. Smoke detectors alerted the family and they were able to escape safely.

The damage is estimated to be $450,000.

Print
Email
|