Four residents escape Seattle garage fire

Four residents escape Seattle garage fire

Credit: Kirk Schroeder

A garage fire burns at a home in Seattle, Sept. 9, 2013.

Print
Email
|

by KING 5 News

KING5.com

Posted on September 9, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Updated Monday, Sep 9 at 12:56 PM

SEATTLE -- Four people are safe after their garage caught fire Monday.

It started around 4:45 a.m. in the 9200 block of 26th Avenue South in Seattle.

A Seattle Fire Department spokesperson said neighbors called 911 when they saw the garage fully engulfed.

The entrance to the home is through the garage, so firefighters took the residents to a deck where the air was clean and there was no immediate threat from the fire.

Three people were taken off the deck by a ladder, but the fourth was in a wheelchair. Firefighters stayed with that person until the fire was put out.

Nobody was hurt. Fire officials said an overheated extension cord cause the fire.

Print
Email
|