Kent house catches fire while couple out to breakfast

Kent house catches fire while couple out to breakfast

Kent house catches fire while couple out to breakfast

Print
Email
|

by KING 5 News

KING5.com

Posted on June 15, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Updated Friday, Jun 15 at 7:46 AM

A Kent couple who went out to breakfast Friday morning came back to find their house on fire.

The house is located on the 13000 block of Southeast 232nd Court.

Firefighters said the man and woman left their home for breakfast sometime before 7:00 a.m.

Damage to the front of the home doesn't appear to be extensive, but the back of the home sustained heavy fire, smoke and water damage. From SkyKING, the entire backside of the house appeared to be charred or burned out.

No other homes were damaged in the fire. According to Kent Fire Department spokesperson Kyle Ohashi, shrubs and plants between the houses helped keep the fire contained.

A cat is believed to have died in the fire.

Compiled by KING 5's Lindsay Chamberlain and Natasha Ryan.

 

Print
Email
|