Community rallies around Bellingham family hospitalized after fire

Print
Email
|

by ELISA HAHN / KING 5 News

Bio | Email | Follow: @ElisaHahnK5

KING5.com

Posted on January 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM

BELLINGHAM, Wash. - Four members of the MacGregor family of Bellingham have been hospitalized since an early morning fire on New Year's Day. 

Joseph and Jennifer MacGregor, along with their daughters Willow, 10, and Summer, 13, suffered smoke inhalation and burns and as of Tuesday afternoon were listed in serious condition in Harborview Medical Center's intensive care unit.

Their home was destroyed, along with all their belongings. A family friend tells KING 5 they did not have renter's insurance.

When the MacGregors are ready, a furnished home will be waiting for them.

Christin Roger and her fiancee Dennis Lunny will soon move in together and out of the three bedroom home. They heard the MacGregors’ story and had to do something.

"We were sitting in two houses full of stuff on a path to combine houses in a few months anyway, it just seemed like the right thing to do,” said Christin.

On a Facebook page titled "Help Support the MacGregor Family in Bellingham," friends and members of the Bellingham community are donating clothes, and furniture.

Bellingham Flat Bread Bakery is donating its tips for the month of January.

A storage locker will be set up at 1029 22nd Street in Bellingham for donated goods.

For more information on how to help, see the Facebook support page.

Print
Email
|