A Seattle nonprofit has launched a new, simple campaign to help homeless in Seattle.
WeCount has placed 12 boxes for socks around the city.
People in need of clean, dry socks can stop by any of the boxes to get a free pair. Others can donate to the boxes to help keep them full.
For people without access to clean laundry, dry socks can be hard to come by during Seattle's rainy months.
The blue boxes have been added alongside existing newspaper boxes.
Here are the box locations:
- Ballard - NW Market St & Ballard Ave NW
- Capitol Hill - Broadway & E Pike St
- Downtown - Stewart St & 6th Ave
- Ferry Terminal - Seattle Ferry Toll Booth
- International District - S Jackson St & 5th Ave S
- Northgate - 5th Ave NE & NE Northgate Way
- Pioneer Square - 1st Avenue South & Yesler Way
- Rainier - Rainier Ave S & I-90 Trail
- SODO - 4th Ave S & S Lander St
- South Lake Union - Denny Way & Westlake Ave
- University District - University Way NE
- White Center - SW Roxbury St & 15th Ave SW
Copyright 2016 KING