The citizen panel convened by Seattle and King County to review a proposal to build a new basketball and hockey arena has secheduled a meeting for next Wednesday.
At the meeting, the eight members of the Arena Advisory Panel are expected to release their evaluation of the financing plan for the arena, which involves $200 million in taxpayer-backed bonds and another $290 million in private money from a consortium led by San Francisco hedge fund manager Christopher Hansen.
The panel may also issue recommendations on the plan to the Seattle and King County councils.
The meeting will be at the Bertha Landes room at Seattle City Hall at 5 p.m.; it is open to the public
The members of the panel are:
- Jan Drago (Co-Chair), former Seattle and King County councilmember.
- Lenny Wilkens (Co-Chair), nine-time NBA all-star and SuperSonics coach for eight easons.
- David Freiboth, executive secretary of the ML King County Labor Council.
- Doris Koo, a current senior advisor and former President and Chief Executive Officer of Enterprise Community Partners
- Karen Lee, CEO of Pioneer Human Services.
- Estela Ortega, co-founder and executive director of El Centro de la Raza.
- Greg Smith, founder and CEO of Urban Visions.
- Dr. Jill Wakefield, chancellor of the Seattle Community Colleges.