Firefighters say fireworks likely caused an an early morning fire that left eight people without homes in south Seattle.
The fire started just before 1 a.m. in the 1000 block of 61st Avenue South. When firefighters arrived, they found three adults occupants, five kids and three dogs had managed to escape the two-story house safely. Firefighters say flames as high as the trees were shooting out of the back deck and into the kitchen and attic.
Firefighters managed to contain the fire and put it out within an hour.
Investigators later determined the fire started on the back deck and spread into the house. Total cost of the damage is estimated at $175,000.
There were no reports of injuries.