KING 5’s Jean Enersen sits down with five multi-talented individuals to find out what drives them to be the best in their professions.
Jean’s guests on this – her fourth “Northwest Newsmakers” KING 5 special include:
- Pete Carroll – The first year head coach of the Seattle Seahawks. Why does he think he can win in a town dubbed by Forbes.com as America’s most miserable sports city?
- Sally Jewell – President and CEO of REI. As you might imagine she bikes, kayaks, hikes, and climbs mountains. But what is she doing to keep her company afloat in this economic downturn?
- Alexander Prior - the 17-year old conductor / composer prodigy from the UK. His first professional appointment is with the Seattle Symphony Orchestra. Has the Emerald City discovered the next Leonard Bernstein?
- Anne Levinson – Led the effort to keep the Seattle Storm in town and purchase the franchise by forming a local ownership group. She’s also a former deputy Seattle Mayor, District Court Judge and Title Nine litigant. Does she have the best inside political game in Seattle?
- Gloria Steinem – The iconic feminist activist has a Northwest connection. She leads the creative advisory council for Hedgebrook on Whidbey Island – an organization supporting women writers. Hear her views on the women’s rights movement in the 21st century.
Click the links in the related content box to see each of these segments.