Posted on March 30, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Seastar Chef John Howie’s Yukon Gold mashed Potatoes
3 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 ½ c Butter-Cream Liquid (recipe below)
1 ½ tsp Kosher salt
½ tsp Ground white pepper
6 oz Whole butter
1 ¼ c Half and half
· In heavy gauge stock pot, melt the butter and combine the cream, being careful not to brown. Reserve and keep warm until needed.
Mashed Potatoes Preparation:
· Boil potatoes until fully cooked (approximately 15-20 minutes)
· Drain the potatoes and place on a sheet tray.
· Place in 325-degree convection oven for 3-5 minutes to remove some of the moisture
· Place the potatoes in a mixer on low, utilizing the whip attachment; gradually add the butter-cream liquid to incorporate.
· Add the seasonings. Whip potatoes on medium speed until mashed and creamy.
· Transfer to pans and hold until needed