Certainly you can give your Mom flowers, candy and a card this Mother's Day, but why not push ourselves to think outside convention, outside the proverbial box by spoiling our favorite ladies with treats guaranteed to pamper her head to toe. So we asked Stacy Cox, one of our favorite beauty experts, to inspire us with some of the hottest brands Mom is sure to love.
Here are the products Stacy showcased today:
Anti-Aging Style Smart
ICU Eyewear Sun Collection ($21.95 to $25.95)
- It's the perfect collaboration between fashion & anti aging as a fun gift for Mom.
- Sunglasses are one of the easiest, common sense ways to protect the fragile eye area from the sun which is notorious for advancing the on set of fine lines and crows feet sooner then we want.
- ICU Eyewear's approach to design is refined, and eco-friendly. ICU glasses are inspired by the world around us, and are a fashion statement that is sophisticated, fanciful, eco-friendly, affordable and just plain fun-to-wear
For the Body
Dermasuri Deep Exfoliating Mitt ($19.99)
Skin is resurfaced and retexturized instantly! What makes this a great affordable home body scrub treatment? Dermasuri studied ancient Eastern exfoliating secrets to develop a product that delivered the same result. Unlike loofahs or bath sponges, the mitt is made of a unique fabric that catches and removes dead skin cells without chemicals, acids or machines. While using the mitt in the shower or bath, you will visibly see your dead skin cells (which appear like small dark rolls) slough off and notice an immediate glow. It's different than an average loofah in that you need to follow the directions on the box and wait a few minutes in the shower for your skin to get steamy.
SeaBuckWonders Sea Buckthorn Body Lotion ($14.97)
Award: Delicious Living's 2013 Body & Beauty Award Winner!
- Made w/certified organic Sea Buckthorn this potent body lotion for all skin types has an infusion of Omega 3, 6, 9, and the powerful skin-healing Omega 7
- Provides nourishment w/age-defying properties for soft, healthy skin.
- Moisturizes, protects and supports skin cell functions! the way it accomplishes this is with a...
- High concentration of sea buckthorn oil allows for superior moisture retention while protecting the skin from signs of aging, UV-induced stress A.K.A. the effects of exposure to the sun
- Vegan; Non-GMO, Paraben-free; Leaping Bunny Cruelty-free, Dairy-free, Wheat-free and Gluten-free
- Naturally scented with essential orange oil
L’dara Advanced Anti-Aging Serum ($120)
Get your skin ready for Mother's Day with L’dara. It's an advanced anti-aging super serum derived from the Goji Berry which has been used in Chinese medicine for centuries! It's the first product to utilize LBP-5 Complex which is their exclusive, age-defying compound giving skin a more radiant appearance, with clinically proven improvements in tone, texture and moisturization. Works on all skin types and is intensely moisturizing and fast acting. All it takes is two pumps, twice a day to start enjoying a 35% average reduction of wrinkles in just 4 weeks!
FUN Makeup Gifts
Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Collection ($9.95 - $12.95)
(Also available at fine drug & mass market stores nationwide)
Give Mom a little boost in her confidence with the first-ever line of makeup to strategically designed to accomplish this! Each product in the alluring Sexy Booster line is infused with a warm vanilla fragrance, “afterglow” illumination and a Sexy-Boosting Formula including clinically tested Androstenol, Cocoa Extract (aka “The Love Chemical”) and ancient aphrodisiac Horny Goatweed to enhance your more beguiling side!
Laura Geller Beauty Garden Party Kit – A Fabulously Floral 6 Piece Make-up Collection ($49)
Facebook: Laura Geller Beauty Twitter:@LauraGeller
This assortment of Laura Geller Beauty brand new products and get-gorgeous formulas will bring out one’s most beautiful self. Featuring a skin-perfecting BB Cream, new innovation in Baked blush, fan-favorite waterproof eyeliner, lip primer and full-size lipstick. Garden Party celebrates nature’s most brilliant beauty – YOU!
- Take a metal cookie sheet from the kitchen OR go out and purchase a small to medium size one
- Head to Home Depot and purchase some round magnets
- Create a "color story" palette and magnetize the eye shadows, blushes and powder compacts to the cookie sheet
- Possibly mount to bathroom wall so Mom now has an easy way to access all her colors and really see what she has. It's fun, cute Mother's Day activity you can do together.
This is a delightful scalp massager with a unique Japanese twist. The brush structure is inspired by “kenzan,” a traditional tool used in Japanese flower arranging to hold the flowers in place. With 92 bristles that hit upon that perfect balance of not-too-hard and not-too-soft, the flexible Head Kenzan molds itself to your head. Simply use the handles on either side to run the brush back and forth, massaging and energizing your scalp.