Elections offices from four counties (King, Kitsap, Pierce, Snohomish) have teamed up to help educate voters on how to avoid making some very common mistakes by being better “informed” about voting practices.
- What can voters do to avoid mistakes?
- · Keep address and signature up to date so their ballots reach them.
- · Alert the elections department right away if their ballots don’t arrive in the mail.
- · Read and follow the directions, even if they are regular voters.
- · Don’t write in any frivolous names
- · Sign the voter declaration on the outside envelope.
- · Get the ballot returned before the deadline—the earlier the better! Voting begins as soon as you get your ballot and ends promptly by 8 pm on Election Day.
- · Follow up promptly if you are contacted by your Elections Department, even if Election Day has passed.
- · In fact, don’t wait until the last minute to do anything associated with voting!
For more information (via the King Co. Elections Web site), click HERE.