Sometimes putting an outfit together can mean finding the right foundation garments to fit you. It’s important to find the right style of shape-wear that makes you feel both confident and comfortable. Stylist Darcy Camden visits New Day to discuss different kinds of Spanx for any individual.
True or False?
- Foundations and shapers are uncomfortable. FALSE. Your foundations should enhance, smooth and support your figure but should never pinch, rub or cut off your circulation. If it is uncomfortable, it may be the wrong size or the wrong solution for you; try on several to find your favorite.
- Foundations need to be replaced every year. PARTIALLY TRUE. If you take good care of your foundation and/or don't wear them often, they can last several years. If you wear shapers every day, you will need to replace every year, because they can lose their shape (good news: products improve and get better every year).
- There is a foundation solution for every body type, age and size. TRUE. And everyone can wear them, if they choose to.
#1. TARGET AREA: BACKSIDE
1. Spanx Thrill Sleeker Brief (Spanx.com, $28.00
2. Spanx Lady Luxe High Girl Short (Spanx.com, $52.00)
3. Spanx Power Play Half Slip (Spanx.com, $62.00)
#2. TARGET AREA: TUMMY
1. Spanx Power Play Open Bust Tank (Spanx.com, $58.00)
2. Spanx Star Power Thin Vogue Tunic (Spanx.com. $58.00)
3. AMIA Almighty Cincher (Hourglass Angel, $54.00)
#3. TARGET AREA: FULL BODY (TUMMY, BACK, BACKSIDE)
1. AMIA Supreme Panty Shaper (Hourglass Angel, $54.00)
2. Spanx Star Power Thin Vogue Body Tank (Spanx, $62.00)
#4. TARGET AREA: LEGS
1. Spanx Tout and About Leggings (Spanx.com, $48.00)
2. Spanx Stand Out Shaping Sheers
3. Spanx Center Stage Shaping Tights (Spanx.com, $28.00)