The holidays usually mean more socializing and office parties. Some people try to steer clear of alcohol, especially at functions involving coworkers or neighbors. Jon Christensen from Monsoon East and Ba Bar in Seattle has developed several festive drinks that are packed with flavor and absolutely no alcohol. He has all the ingredients to whip up some fabulous Mocktail!
Hot Buttered Rhumba
- 6 oz hot apple cider
- 2 oz Spiced Kabocha Butter (roasted, partially deydrated Kabocha mixed with 5 spice and toasted ground lemongrass)
- fold until combined in an irish coffee cup and garnish with a toasted star anise
Sparkling Blackcurrant Champage Mocktail
- 6 oz sparkling cider
- .5 oz fresh squeezed satsuma reduction syrup with champagne vinegar, dehydrated satsuma peel and sugar rim
Foxy Faux Mocktail
- 6 oz white grape cider
- .5 oz chamomile tea syrup
- .5 oz (about) dehydrated campari ball (cook campari on a nonsitck silicone surface for half a day at 180 degrees, let cool, grind in a coffee grinder, let sit for a week to gum up from moisture in the air);use melonball or bar spoon to scoop into flute and top with sparkling, garnish with trimmed lemon peel.
Mocktail Party Punch
- White grape juice
- Ginger ale
- Charred grapefruit juice and chunks
- Sliced ginger
- 5 spice simple syrup
- Handfuls of cranberries and lime peel, and orange wheels
- Dry ice in a big punch bowl
For Monsoon East's website, click HERE.
For Ba Bar's website, click HERE.