Summer is the perfect time to get family and friends together to enjoy the season. Entertaining expert Heather Christo shows a gorgeous summer tablescape that's both glamorous and easy. Plus, she shares a favorite recipe for Almond Ricotta Pound Cake with Roasted Peaches.
Ingredients (8 Servings):
- ALMOND POUND CAKE.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan with baking spray.
- Put the almonds in a food processor and pulse until completely ground. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer cream the butter, ricotta and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the almond and the eggs and combine well, scraping the sides down if needed.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, almonds, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and beat until well combined. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake the cake for 60 minutes or until the top is golden and the center is set up.
- Bake the cake for 60 minutes or until the top is golden and the center is set up. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool on a rack until you can comfortably turn the cake out onto a platter or a cutting board.
- Slice the cake and serve with fresh or Roasted Fruit. (See Recipe Below)
- ROASTED APRICOTS OR PEACHES.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all of the apricots or peaches face up in the baking pan. Sprinkle them all with the sugar. Drizzle the butter over the apricots and sugar. Bake them at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve hot with the buttery juice in the pan.
- **If you are serving these with the almond ricotta pound cake, just put them in with the cake for the last 30 minutes of baking and they will be finished at the same time.
For more cooking and entertaining ideas from Heather Christo, visit her web site at www.heatherchristo.com.