Welcome to 30 Days of Extreme Reality Couponing! Be sure to follow along with our tips on our Couponing 101 page. And, please spread the word and tell your friends about this series so they can also save 50-80% on their grocery bills!
People always ask me about money saving apps and since we are talking specifically about couponing during this series, I am going to stick with telling you about my favorite coupon apps (with the exception of one). I've used each one of these below and they've been around awhile so I think that says something. Check 'em out and let us know what you think.
1. Coupon Sherpa: This is a location based app giving you coupons to area restaurants and stores right around where you're located. The concept is great and the website is full of coupons but I found the app to be lacking. The only coupon I have seen in a week near my location was for a guitar store that is actually 15 miles from me. However, these coupons vary by city so it's different for everyone. And, all you have to do is show the cashier the coupon on the phone, super easy.
2. LivingSocial: I love LivingSocial...LOVE. LivingSocial dishes out new deals every single day and all are 50-90% off and they even have vacation deals called 'escapes.' What I love about this app is that I never miss a deal, I can purchase them directly from my phone! Also, if I'm out and about, I can search to find deals I've bought that are near the area I'm in.
3. Red Laser: This is an AWESOME app. All you have to do is scan the barcode of an item (using your camera) you'd like to purchase and you'll see the prices of the item at area stores plus you'll even be able to see nutritional information such as allergies. I've noticed many of the items I scan bring up online retailers rather than local stores but the concept is awesome, you'll learn the best price for your item.
4. Yard Sale Mapper: This is my favorite app by far! Yard Sale Mapper will map out garage sales based on craigslist listings which is awesome then you can see exactly where the nearest garage sales are located. This sure beats driving around the city just praying you'll find one. Seriously, I was WAY excited about this one!
5. Grocery IQ: Store your grocery list on your phone and get some coupons too with this great app. You'll still have to print the coupons but at least you'll know where there are. You can also take a pic of your items and those items will populate on your grocery list.
These are some of my favorite apps when it comes to couponing. I have more faves for things like earning points, rewards, etc. I'll share those later. Be sure to tell us your favorite money saving apps!
Want the latest coupons? Be sure to check out Coupons.com for new coupons & big savings!