Yield: Serves 6 (Side Dish)
Wolfgang Puck Butternut Squash Soup 14.5oz. can
Whole milk 1 C.
Brown sugar ¼ C.
Egg yolks 6ea.
Sugar 3 Tbsp.
Equipment: 6 small ramekins, pouring pitcher, 2” deep 9X9” baking pan
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the cold soup, milk, brown sugar and egg yolks. Whisk well to combine.
2. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Place the ramekins in the baking dish and fill the ramekins evenly with the mixture using the pouring pitcher.
3. Place the baking dish with the ramekins in the oven, and leaving the door open, fill the baking dish with an inch of water around the ramekins. Close the oven door.
4. Bake the custard for 45 minutes or until the custard is set and the center jiggles together.
5. After cooled slightly, remove the custard ramekins from the baking dish and refrigerate until cold and set, about 1 hour.
6. To serve, dust the tops of the custard with an even layer of sugar. Place the ramekins back into the baking pan. Heat the oven to high broil, and brown the tops of the custard under the broiler (about 1 minute), rotating the pan several times in order to ensure that the tops brown evenly.
7. Cool and serve.