This delicious Chicken with Chardonnay and Fresh Herbs and this Tomato Basil Eggplant Parmesan are the perfect dishes for your fall entertaining. For a delicious side dish, try this Savory Butternut Squash Bruleed Custard.
Chicken with Chardonnay and Fresh Herbs
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
• 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
• 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh tarragon leaves and Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 4 boneless or bone-in chicken breast halves*, skin on
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 shallot, minced (about 1/4 cup)
• 1/2 cup Chardonnay or other white wine
• 1 1/2 cups Wolfgang Puck's® Free Range Roasted Chicken Stock
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
1. Heat the oven to 450° F. Stir the cheese and half the herbs in a small bowl. Season
with the black pepper.
2. Loosen the skin on the chicken. Spread 1 / 4 of the cheese mixture under the skin
of each chicken breast half. Place the chicken, skin-side up, into a shallow 3-quart
baking dish. Brush the chicken with the oil.
3. Roast for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Heat the shallots, wine and stock in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat to a
boil. Cook and stir until the mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup. Stir in the cream. Stir in
the butter, 1 piece at a time, making sure it is melted before adding another. Stir
in the remaining herbs. Season with additional black pepper.
5. Spoon the sauce onto 4 plates. Cut the chicken into slices and place on the sauce.
*If using bone-in chicken breast halves, increase the roasting time to 30 minutes or until
the chicken is cooked through.
This recipe uses Wolfgang Puck's® Free Range Roasted Chicken Stock