Do you ever get stuck when it comes to grocery shopping and grab whatever looks good at the time? Today New Day’s “Shop 5 for Your Health” series with Deborah Enos continues to give helpful tips to maintain an efficient and healthy grocery list.
1. Frozen Berries
· Add to oatmeal: it adds a huge antioxidant hit and the liquid that is a part of the frozen berries helps to keep your oats from being too thick.
· Add to your morning smoothie
2. Healthy Greens, a combo of Eat Smart’s Sweet Kale Salad and Spinach
· My easy & on the go work lunch
· I add frozen spinach to my morning smoothie
3. Greek Yogurt
· Add to a smoothie to increase the protein content, helping to keep you fuller, longer.
· Make a Breakfast parfait when you combine it with fresh fruit & Kind Gluten Free Granola
4. Kind Gluten Free Granola
· I use it to kill my late night sweet tooth. Here’s how: I chop a piece of fruit, add a Tbsp of dark chocolate chips and a sprinkle of Kind Granola-yumo!
· I also use it to make my Breakfast Parfait
5. Barlean’s brand of Fish Oil and Flaxseed Oil
· I add it to my morning smoothie for an added nutritional boost
· I use the Omega Swirl To-Go as a super convenient (and yummy!) was to take my omegas at work or while traveling.
High Energy Breakfast Parfait:
· Take a clear glass an add a layer (about 2 Tbsp.) of Greek Yogurt
· Add the next layer, chopped fresh fruit
· Add the final layer, about 2 Tbsp of Kind Granola
· Repeat and EAT!
~if taking to work, bring the granola in a separate container and add right before you eat.
Start Your Day Right Breakfast Smoothie:
· Add 1 cup of spinach to your blender
· Add 1 cup of fluid, either water or milk. I actually use Coconut Milk
· Blend until spinach is pureed
· Add two cups of frozen berries
· ¾ cup of Greek Yogurt
· Two Tbsp. of Fruit Flavored Barlean’s Fish or Flaxseed oil.
· Blend until desired smoothness is reached.
Serves two with a bit leftover.
To see last week's segment, click here.