Gail Simmons, judge for Bravo's hit TV show Top Chef and host of Top Chef: Just Desserts talks about her new memoir, Talking With My Mouth Full.
She also reveals her top bakeries and treats in the area:
- Fran’s Chocolates – I think these are the best in the country! I love their chocolate covered sea salt caramels, truffles and of course their amazing chocolate dipped figs!
- Chukar Cherries – in the Pike Place market I always stock up on their Chipotle and Chocolate dipped Rainier Cherries
- Full Tilt Ice Cream – all flavors are delicious but I especially love Maple Walnut, Toasted Coconut and Mango Chili
- The Crumpet Shop – crumpets with fresh berry preserves and a hot cup of tea, outside the Pike Place Market
- Top Pot Hand Forged Doughnuts – all doughnuts are great but I love their Chocolate Old Fashioned and their coconut “Feather Boa”
Gail will be at a Dessert Party from 6:30-8:30pm tonight at Tom Douglas's Palace Ballroom. Tickets are $45 and include desserts, a glass of sparkling wine and a signed copy of the book. Click here to purchase tickets or for more info.
Then tomorrow, March 1, she'll show off her own culinary skills from 9:30-10:30am at Book Larder in Fremont. Tickets for this event are $26.99 and includes a signed copy of her book. More ticket information can be found here.
The Season Finale of Top Chef airs tonight at 10pm on Bravo. Go to www.bravotv.com/top-chef for more info.