Saint is hungry in Pike Place Market, and he is on a mission to show you where you can get a solid meal for under $10. Saint enlisted the help of Angela Shen, owner of Savor Seattle Food Tour, to cherry-pick three different lunch combos at Pike Place Market.
First, they stopped at Beecher's Handmade Cheese serving up the "world's best mac and cheese." They paired it with a drip coffee from Starbucks and Über Dips, dangerously tasty cheesecake pieces dipped in chocolate.
For combo no. 2, the pair headed to Pike Place Chowder for a steaming cup of chowder, less than 5 bucks. They paired that with a blended fruit drink from Local Color and a Yakima bosk pear.
For the last combo, the two visited Piroshky Piroshky for some salmon pate. They bought dry sodas to drink and for dessert, had a half-dozen mini donuts.
You can go “see and eat” for yourself by joining Angela on one of her food tours.
Lunch combo No. 1
- Entrée: Mac and Cheese, Beecher’s Handmade Cheese, $5.50 per cup
- Beverage: 8 oz black coffee drip, Starbucks, $1.65
- Dessert: Über Dip ( cheesecake dipped in chocolate), The Confectional, $2.50 each
- Total: $9.65
Lunch combo No. 2
- Entrée: cup of chowder, Pike Place Chowder, $4.95
- Beverage: Orange Creamsicle frappucino drink, Local Color, $3.60
- Dessert: Bosk pear, Frank’s Produce, $1.00
- Total: $9.90
Lunch combo No. 3
- Entrée: Smoked Salmon Pate Piroshky, Piroshky Piroshky, $4.95
- Drink: dry soda, Pear Delicatessen, $2
- Dessert: Half-dozen mini cinnamon-sugar donuts, Daily Dozen Donut Company, $2.66
- Total: $9.61