March 6th is National Frozen Food Day - a day to celebrate those foods and snacks in your freezer.
Nutritionist Deborah Enos came by to talk about the best frozen foods that can keep us healthy on the go!
National Frozen Food Day celebrates all those yummy foods and snacks in your freezer. Sure, the invention of the freezer made this day possible. But, the methods and techniques of preparing and freezing foods is what makes frozen foods taste great, look great and store in a frozen state until you need them.
Imagine how your busy life would be if you didn't have a frozen dinner to pop into the microwave in between a late day at work and your evening event. You'd have to stop and make a dinner from scratch!
Thanks to the frozen food industry, you can (and should ) celebrate Frozen Food Day in true frozen food manner:
• Start your day with by popping a frozen breakfast into the microwave.
• For lunch, select among a wide array of frozen lunch treats.
• Take a trip to the grocery store to buy some frozen food, any will do.
• Dinner: If you are in a hurry, you're in luck. The selection of dinner entrees is seemingly endless.
• Snack time is the perfect time for ......ice cream!